On this page, we place contributions by readers of this site. This may
be the best way to see what blacksmithing and the IBA is all about. If
you have a link to a page of interest, pictures of a meeting, pictures
of items related to blacksmithing, pictures of your own work or that
of others, please send me an email:
- The 2019 IBA Conference
- Websites maintained by IBA members.
- The holdings of our library including
books, magazines and videos. See the newsletter for librarian contact
- Blacksmithing videos.
- A segment of CBS
News on anvils, including an anvil shoot.
- List of touchmarks of Indiana smiths.
- A couple of newspaper articles about Fred
Oden and his fellow blacksmiths, explaining the creative nature of
blacksmithing and the work they do with 4-H kids.
- The 30th IBA birthday bash was a real hit. Below are some
links to photos and videos.
- The 2010 IBA Conference
- The 2009 IBA Conference
- The 2008 IBA Conference
- The 2007 IBA Conference: Some
pictures, Some more
Work, Knives, Socializing and Instruction, Strongman Competition
- The 2007 State Fair
- Here are some photos from the 2010 QuadState
conference, courtesy of JJ.
- Here are some photos
the 2009 SOFA Quadstate conference. Most photos were taken by JJ, two
were taken by Jim Watts.
- Watch this awesome video of the
Friday night presentation at SOFA, where they forge-welded a face
plate to an anvil.
- 3rd Schoenberger Smithing Meeting
- The Mad Dwarf
Workshop by two young gentlemen in Indiana, making mythology
- Inaugurating Ken Dettmer's new forge: Part I, Part II, Part III
- Blacksmiths at work today: Boston
- Wikipedia entry for Blacksmithing
- Learn how to blacksmith, take a Beginner's course at the Folk School in Brasstown, NC.
- Check out the webpage of our parent organization, ABANA for current work in
blacksmithing as well as their forums.
- A wonderful monthly publication which unfortunatelly ceased
You can still purchase old issues though, so check them out.
- Some blacksmiths shoe horses, some blacksmiths
- Dennis Liffick welding at a workshop on
making power hammers
|Disclaimer on the use of the
contained in this website.
For questions, concerns or additions to our web-site, please
contact our webmaster: