An Affiliate of the
Association of North America, Inc. (ABANA)
- *********** In Memory of Ray Phelps **************
- It is with great sadness that we report that long-time Indiana blacksmith, Ray Phelps, has passed away. He was a friend, fellow blacksmith, and gracious and unselfish host to an uncountable number of blacksmith events in his marvelous shop. Ray's obituary and funeral arrangements can be found at the following site. An article about Ray entitled "He's a Man of Iron" appeared in the Indianapolis Star in in 2007. The article can be found here.
- Current Newsletter
- NEXT MEETING: April 19 Hammer In Sutton-Terock Shop
At the Fulton County Historical Society Located off US-31 about 4 miles North of Rochester, IN. Barbara Berry will demonstrate the Di acro bender and Robert Wolfe will demonstrate making a bottle opener. Then there will be open forging afterwards.
We will have a carry in dinner. The Sutton-Terock Shop will furnish sloppy joe and bread. Please bring something to go with this for dinner. We will have coffee and sweet tea.
- INDIANA BLACKSMITHING ASSOCIATION 2014 CONFERENCE to be held at the Tipton County Fairgrounds in Tipton, IN, on June 6-8, 2014. Please check out the conference brochure and the early registration material.
- Prior to the conference, Tom Latane' will be conducting a class on Norse Style Axe or Hatchets at Conner Prarie, June 2-5. The cost is $400 per student. Contact Jim Johnson at email@example.com or at 765-452-8165 to register. Students should be able to forge weld and have good hammer stamina.
- Featured demonstrators at the 2014 IBA Conference include Tom Latane' and Alan Kress.
- A recent newspaper article about Tom Latane', one of our featured demonstrators in the 2014 IBA Annual Conference (June 6-8, 2014). Pepin, Wis., blacksmith achieves excellence in ironclad art. Our second featured demonstrator will be Alan Kress.
- Here is a little retrospective of our 2013 conference
- South Bend Tribune article about IBA 2013 Rookie Blacksmith of the Year Jamie DePriest
- At the 2013 IBA Conference in Tipton, IN, the Brotherhood of Friendly Hammermen forged a large split cross. View the video made by David Hammer.
- Jim Claar's new power hammer.
- Appalachian Area Chapter Blacksmith Association 2014 Conference to be held in Murfreesboro, TN (about 6 hours drive straight south on I-65) on May 16 and 17, 2014. Demonstrators will include Brian Brazeal and Elmer Roush.
- The ABANA 2014 Conference
will held at the Delaware States Fairgrounds in Harrington, Delaware, Aug 13-16, 2014. The list of
conference demonstrators is quite extraordinary.
Disclaimer on the use of the information
contained in this website.
For questions, concerns or additions to our web-site, please
contact our webmaster, Dominick Andrisani: