An Affiliate of the
Association of North America, Inc. (ABANA)
- Current Newsletter
- NEXT MEETING: December 14, Hammer-In, hosted by the Rocky Forge Blacksmith Guild at Ted Stout's shop, --------Melvin Lytton will be the featured demonstrator. Melvin, formerly of Conner Prairie, has taught some of the best blacksmiths and is an excellent demonstrator. He will make a Bowie knife and throwing axe and maybe more if time permits. Coffee and doughnuts will be ready by 8:30. Be sure to bring items for Iron-in-the-Hat and Show-and-Tell. There will also be tailgate space available so you can sell or trade the things you no longer need. Dan Michael will have bagged coal for sale.
For lunch bring a nice covered dish to pass around. The meat, table service, and drinks will be provided. -------- MEETING LOCATION: 8525 West 700 South, West Point, IN 47992. TRAVELERS DIRECTIONS: From I-74, exit at Waynetown (9 miles west of Crawfordville). Take highway 25 north thru Wingate. Proceed north to the flashing light where highway 28 intersects with 25 at Odel. (The sign reads Odel on both sides). Continue north for 2.5 miles to county road 700 South, turn west (left) on 700 south, Ted Stout's shop is the first building on the left. -------- From Lafayette follow Highway 25 west to West Point. Proceed on 25 for 2.0 miles to road 700 south, turn west (right). Ted Stout's shop is the first building on the left.
- A recent newspaper article about Tom Latane', one of our featured demonstrators in the 2014 IBA Annual Conference (June 6-8, 2014). Pepin, Wis., blacksmith achieves excellence in ironclad art. Our second featured demonstrator will be Alan Kress.
- Here is a little retrospective of our 2013 conference
- South Bend Tribune article about IBA 2013 Rookie Blacksmith of the Year Jamie DePriest
- At the 2013 IBA Conference in Tipton, IN, the Brotherhood of Friendly Hammermen forged a large split cross. View the video made by David Hammer.
- Jim Claar's new power hammer.
- Appalachian Area Chapter Blacksmith Association 2014 Conference to be held in Murfreesboro, TN (about 6 hours drive straight south on I-65) on May 16 and 17, 2014. Demonstrators will include Brian Brazeal and Elmer Roush.
- INDIANA BLACKSMITHING ASSOCIATION 2014 CONFERENCE to be held at the Tipton County Fairgrounds in Tipton, IN, on June 6-8, 2014. Featured demonstrators include Tom Latane' and Alan Kress.
- The ABANA 2014 Conference
will held at the Delaware States Fairgrounds in Harrington, Delaware, Aug 13-16, 2014. The list of
conference demonstrators is quite extraordinary.
Disclaimer on the use of the information
contained in this website.
For questions, concerns or additions to our web-site, please
contact our webmaster, Dominick Andrisani: